This policy lays out the guidelines for what is an acceptable use of CloudPress’s services.
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) sets forth the principles that govern the use of services provided by The Website Engineer (Pty) Ltd, t.a. CloudPress (“CloudPress”).
CLOUDPRESS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY AT ANY TIME AND SHALL PLACE SUCH REVISED POLICY ON ITS WEBSITE AT LEAST THIRTY (30) CALENDAR DAYS BEFORE IT BECOMES EFFECTIVE. CUSTOMER’S CONTINUED USE OF CLOUDPRESS’S SERVICE(S) SHALL CONSTITUTE CONTINUED ACCEPTANCE OF THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY.
A. Customer agrees to comply with all applicable local, national and international laws and regulations regarding use of all services delivered by CloudPress. The following are prohibited uses of CloudPress’s services:
- Transmission, distribution, uploading, posting or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorisation, material kept in violation of state laws or industry regulations such as identity numbers or credit card numbers, and material that is obscene, defamatory, libelous, unlawful, harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, constitutes an illegal threat, violates export control laws, hate propaganda, fraudulent material or fraudulent activity, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature. Customer may not transmit, distribute, or store material that contains a virus, “Trojan Horse”, adware or spyware, malware, corrupted data, or any software or information to promote or utilise software or any of CloudPress’s services to deliver unsolicited e-mail. Customer further agrees not to transmit any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- The sending of any form of unsolicited bulk email (“spam”) through CloudPress’s servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of spam from another service provider advertising a website, email address or utilising any resource hosted on CloudPress’s servers, is prohibited. CloudPress’s accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this AUP or that of the other provider.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available or using any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send spam, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
Forwarding Internet users to any website that, if such website were hosted by CloudPress, would violate the provisions of this AUP.
- Unauthorised attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., “cracking”).
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
Engaging in any activities that do or are designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronised number sequence attacks) to any other customer, regardless of the network.
- Using CloudPress’s services in a manner that interferes with the use or enjoyment of the services by other customers or authorised users. This shall include excessive use of services which impair the fair use of other CloudPress customers.
Using CloudPress’s services as online backup or storage, or mirroring mass downloads.
- Impersonating any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a CloudPress employee, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting customer’s affiliation with a person or entity.
B. Customer acknowledges and agrees that it is a violation of this AUP for its services to cause an interruption or degradation of, interference with, or disproportionate burden on the operations of CloudPress’s systems or the services of other customers, regardless of whether such interruption, degradation, interference or burden is the result of customer’s actions or those of a third party over which the customer has no control.
C. Customer is solely responsible for the content it uploads to its website in connection with the services provided by CloudPress. CloudPress does not review or screen the content in its customer’s websites and does not assume any obligation to monitor such content. However, customer agrees that CloudPress may review all hosted websites or other content in responding to a third party complaint or for any other reason.
D. Customer may access and use CloudPress’s services for lawful purposes only. Customer is solely responsible for the knowledge and adherence to any and all laws, statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to use of the services offered by CloudPress. Customer agrees that it will not (i) use the services to commit a criminal offense or to encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, national or international law or regulation; (ii) upload or otherwise transmit any content that customer does not have a right to transmit under any law or contractual or fiduciary duty; (iii) interfere or infringe with any trademark or proprietary rights of any other party; (iv) interfere with the ability of other users to access or use CloudPress’s services; (v) claim a relationship with or to speak for any individual, business, association, institution or other organisation for which customer is not authorised to claim such a relationship; (vi) interfere with or disrupt the service or servers or networks connected to the service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the service; or (vii) reproduce, duplicate, copy, use, distribute, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes any portion of the services.
E. Customer represents and warrants that no local authority prohibits or materially limits CloudPress from transacting business with customer or providing services to customer or its agents, representatives, affiliates or related entities. If, at any time, a local authority prohibits or materially limits the transaction of business or CloudPress’s provision of services to customer or its agents, representatives, affiliates or related entities, such prohibition or restriction shall be a violation of this AUP and a material breach of the Hosting Services Agreement.
If CloudPress determines in its sole discretion that customer’s conduct violates the terms of AUP, CloudPress may suspend, restrict, terminate, delete content, or take any other appropriate action with regard to the services, without any obligation to refund fees paid. CloudPress reserves the right to take such actions without notice to customer. Customer understands that CloudPress reserves the right to conclude that customer’s conduct is in violation of the standards set forth in this AUP. Customer agrees that CloudPress, in responding to a third party complaint, reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the services subject to this AUP without notice and with no obligation to refund fees paid. Customer also understands and agrees that by providing customer services, CloudPress in no way endorses customer’s website or deems the website content to be suitable under the terms of this AUP.
Customer agrees that CloudPress shall under no circumstances be held liable on account of any action CloudPress takes, in good faith, to restrict transmission of material that it or any user of the services considers to be fraudulent, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable, whether or not such material is constitutionally protected.